Functions of the Commission
Followings are the main objectives, which Commission performs:
- participate in the formation of the state policy on corruption and coordinate the activity of public institutions in this area;
- analyze the state and efficiency of the fight against corruption;
- supervise the implementation of the state program against corruption;
- collect financial declarations
- supervise the submission process of the financial declarations
- collect, analyze and summarize information regarding corruption related law violations and make proposals to the appropriate public institutions;
- cooperate with public and other institutions in the field of combating corruption.
Commission fulfills other duties provided by the legislation
Authorities of the Commission
The Commission, in order to reach its objectives, is vested with following authorities:
- to study and generalize the state of execution of the anti-corruption legislation and to hear the reports and information provided by the heads of the law enforcement and other state bodies;
- to receive from state and local administrative bodies necessary information and materials, submits justified written informational requests according to the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan “State registration on immovable property” to get information on the state registration on immovable property.
- to receive information on the state of the implementation of the state program on combating corruption from the corresponding state bodies and analyses the state of the implemented works;
- to prepare recommendations and proposals for increasing the efficiency of the combating corruption and elimination of the shortcomings in the field of combating corruption and take measures for their implementation;
- to take measures for organization of public awareness in the area of combating corruption and conduction of public surveys
- to cooperate with NGO's, mass-media, private sector representatives', independent experts and in case of necessity to involve them for the execution of certain tasks;
- to take part in international cooperation for increasing the efficiency and organization of the struggle against corruption;
- carries out the generalization of the appeals related to corruption complaints, as well as based on the results of its activities, entrusts to the state bodies and auditing organizations the examination of the state or municipal bodies’ activities in regard of which complaints recieved more and if detects the elements of criminal offences in materials, sends the materials to the Prosecutor's Office of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- to make proposals for the improvement of the anti-corruption legislation;
- to prepare programs and projects on the issues related to combat corruption and provide financial assistance to non-governmental organizations for the implementation of it.
Commission shall have other authorities provided by the legislation.